Simulation Solution Manager
Noetic Group is an Australian owned management consulting company that prides itself on delivering unique, customer centric, Signature Solutions for our clients. We assist clients with optimising the now, embracing the new, and preparing for the next; we therefore work across the spectrum of organisational development and change. Since 2001 we have built a reputation for driving practical, lasting and innovative solutions. Noetic has a strong portfolio of successful projects working with clients across government (ranging from national security to social policy areas), the private sector and not-for-profit sectors.
Our individual and collective approach to our work is underpinned by our values — pursue excellence, lead with innovation, be deliberately outcomes focused, and to be generously engaged with our clients. These values have led to our ongoing growth and contributed to Noetic’s stability and longevity in advancing national security and Defence’s delivery of public value. Our head office is in Canberra with offices in Sydney and Washington.
About the Roles
Noetic Group is looking for a Simulation Solution Manager to form part of the project implementation team into Joint Collective Training Branch to build the Core Simulation Capability for Defence. You will primarily be involved in supporting the future defence simulation solution, through transformation to final delivery and sustainment.
Key to the role is to have a well-developed understanding of military training simulation requirements. You should have experience in delivering simulation enabled training to the ADF and be capable of contributing to technical and simulation applications advice to the Simulation Applications, Business Services and Test delivery streams. With the key focus being support to the Simulation Application Stream Lead.
The responsibilities of the Simulation Solution Manager are as follows:
- Provide simulation SME advice, including simulation technology, to the JP9711-1 project team.
- Provide Simulation Information including but not limited to JLVC architecture; Joint Exercise Operational Environment (JEOE); Theatre Concept; simulation data such as the Federated Object Model, ORBATS and terrain.
- Participate as an SME, as required by the Technical Lead, in Vendor design review workshops, IPT Technical Stream workshops and other activities such as CIOG stakeholder meetings.
- Ensure the allocated project deliverables are consistent with current technologies and data used for JCT synthetic environments.
- Provide simulation expertise to support In-Service activities including simulation advice to contract management, performance management and service integration and management.
- Be prepared to provide support to the project Test and Evaluation program.
- Support the design review and analysis of the Vendor simulation solution, including technical feasibility of simulation concepts.
Skills and Experience Required
The role is full-time and based in Canberra
To succeed you must have:
- Negative Vetting 1 (NV1) security clearance.
- Previous Defence simulation experience.
Desirable skills / transformation project experience:
- Systems development:
- System design
- Programming / software development
- User experience (analysis, design and evaluation)
- Installation and integration:
- System integration
- Software configuration
- Hardware design
- System installation / decommissioning
- Possess a flexible and collaborative approach to work.
What we offer you
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and high performing team with a strong commitment to excellence and quality.
- Work alongside experienced industry professionals in a diverse, inclusive, supportive, and collaborative environment.
- 2 year contract with possible extension.
Noetic is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome interest from people with diverse backgrounds, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
To apply please submit your CV to no later than 5:00pm Friday 2 October 2020.