Scientific Experiment Activity Designer – Full Time – Canberra
The Noetic Group is a management consulting company that prides itself on delivering unique, customer centric, Signature Solutions for our clients. We assist clients with optimising the now, embracing the new, and preparing for the next; we therefore work across the spectrum of organisational development and change. Over the last 17 years we have built a reputation for driving practical, lasting and innovative solutions. Noetic has built a strong portfolio of successful projects working with clients across government (ranging from national security to social policy areas), the private sector and not-for-profit sectors.
Our individual and collective approach to our work is underpinned by our values — pursue excellence, lead with innovation, be deliberately outcomes focused, and to be generously engaged with our clients. These values have led to our ongoing growth and contributed to Noetic’s enviable reputation as a recognised tier two professional services firm that stands out from the crowd.
Our head office is in Canberra with offices in both Sydney and Washington.
About the role
Noetic is experiencing a period of strong growth with focus in the ACT and NSW markets with our client projects spanning the public, private and not-for-profit sectors.
We are looking to engage a suitable qualified and experienced Scientific Experiment Activity Designer on a fixed term contract until 17 June 2020 with a possible one year extension.
The Experiment Activity Designer reports directly to the Program Designer. The Experiment Activity Designer guides the development of each experiment and activity within the campaign of experiments to maintain a focus on the human element of the individual experiments. The Experiment Activity Designer supports and advises Experiment Leads and Experiment Contractor Leads ensuring each experiment obtains valid and reliable data through design variables.
Skills and Experience Required
- NV1 Security Clearance
- Demonstrated experience in Defence experiment design
- Assist and guide the development of the design for each experiment in support of the experimentation campaign plan.
- Work closely with the Program Designer to manage experiment designs in support of the Program and campaign of experiments.
- Assist the Experiment Lead with determining the experimental approach, providing design input to the development of the Experiment Design Plan, Analytical plan, Data Collection and Data Management Plan and Human Ethics Plan, as required
- Review each experiment’s Terms of Reference, Experiment Design Plan, Analytical Plan, Data Collection and Data Management Plan, and Human Ethics Plan, where possible in collaboration with the DST Snr Analyst.
- Provide advice to the Program Director regarding each experiment’s suitability and fitness for purpose to deliver its designated outcomes.
- Provide advice to the Experiment Lead on the progress of the Experiment and address any human element issues to safeguard the validity and reliability of the data; and
- Contribute to the Experiment reports.
What we offer you
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic and high performing team with a strong commitment to excellence and quality.
- Work alongside experienced industry professionals in a diverse, inclusive, supportive, and collaborative environment.
The position is Canberra based and applicants are required to attend face-to-face interviews in Canberra.
To apply for this role, you must be an Australian Citizen and hold an Australian Government Security Clearance of NV1.
Please submit a one- page cover letter highlighting your skills and experience relevant to the role, along with an up-to-date CV by clicking Apply for this job. Applications close Sunday 08 March 2020.