Consultant and Senior Consultant
The Noetic Group is a professional services firm that delivers great outcomes for our clients. We assist organisations with their strategy development and implementation, undertake reviews and evaluations and help build organisational capability. Noetic has built a strong portfolio of successful projects working with clients across the government (ranging from national security to social policy areas), resources and not-for-profit sectors.
Our individual and collective approach to all our work is underpinned by our values — excellence, innovation, outcome focus, entrepreneurialism and enjoyment. These values have led to our ongoing growth and contributed to Noetic’s enviable reputation as a recognised tier two professional services firm that stands out from the crowd.
Our head office is in Canberra with our other Australian office being in Sydney. Our primary overseas presence is situated in Washington DC, USA.
About the roles
Noetic is experiencing a period of strong growth with focus in the NSW market and we are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our close-knit-team at Consultant and Senior Consultant levels in our Sydney Office. Typically, you like to be both challenged, and to deliberately challenge yourself. You enjoy a dynamic and varying work environment, being inspired by the opportunity to develop insights and drive evolution. You can think innovatively and strategically whilst focusing on the detail to get the job done.
This is a rare opportunity where you will have hands-on, end-to-end responsibilities; deliver impactful projects for a diverse range of clients; develop excellent stakeholder engagement skills, and contribute to building the capability of Noetic. Our client projects span the public, private and not-for-profit sectors so Noetic’s Consultants and Senior Consultants must be agile and flexible and be able to work collaboratively to deliver high quality outcomes.
With multiple roles on offer, we seek expressions of interest from people who have 2-6 years’ experience at a similar level in a management consulting or professional services environment, be an experienced manager of the business of government, or operations manager in the private sectors of either Health or Finance. You will be expected to actively contribute or lead (dependent on level) the delivery of projects across a range of organisations.
We look for outcome-focused individuals with superior people skills, who can demonstrate capacity for sound analysis, problem solving and who have strong written and verbal communication skills. Our team members are enthusiastic self-starters who can work both independently and in a team. Strong project and program management skills and an ability to think strategically are attributes that the successful candidate must possess or be able to develop.
Working with Canberra based clients and project teams may be required, a willingness and ability to obtain a security clearance is highly regarded; applicants should be Australian citizens or Permanent Residents.
Noetic is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome interest from people with diverse backgrounds, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Skills and Experience Required
To succeed you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce / Finance / Law / IT or related or a related discipline.
- 2-6 years’ experience at a similar level in a management consulting, professional services environment, or government.
- A strong work ethic with demonstrated ability to solve problems, propose solutions and ‘think outside the box’.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong Program or Project Management experience gained across either the public or private sector
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Strong business commercial acumen or sound experience in the business of government
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and proactively in a deadline driven environment\
- Strong interpersonal skills, stakeholder management skills and ability to positively engage with clients.
- Sound levels of initiative with the ability to work proactively to meet tight deadlines.
What we offer you
- Opportunity to broaden your experience and become a leader in an established Tier 2 consultancy that is focused on quality, tailored solutions and relationships
- Success in delivering a diverse range of projects for clients across Australia and overseas.
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic and high performing team with a strong commitment to teamwork and growth.
- Ongoing learning, mentoring and career development.
- Work alongside experienced industry professionals in a diverse, inclusive, supportive, and collaborative environment.
The position is Sydney based and applicants are required to attend face-to-face interviews in Canberra. Only Australian citizens and Permanent Residents need apply.
CV’s and cover letters should be submitted by Friday 1 March 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org